Batman: The Bark Knight  

Posted by Adam and Nicole


If you haven't seen "Batman: The Dark Knight" then well your not missing the Blockbuster that everyone can't stop talking about. Before you go getting all offended let me explain. First I do give it 4 out of 5 eyes :) But despite this good rating there are some major flaws to this movie that seemed to get lost in the glamor of the film. My first objection is Christian Bale. Yes he is a great actor and I haven't seen to many films of his that I haven't enjoyed. I am even a fan of Newsies. But what in the crap is up with awful barking deep voice coughing up a hair ball when he is Batman. It is like he is throwing up his tough guy voice. it pains me every time I hear it. the funny thing is that I probably only noticed it due to Heath Ledger being such an incredible psycho. Flaw number two is the tool bag that was in charge casting the extras. He must have went to a thespian improv night at a local roadshow. These bad guys the joker was rounding up were the biggest bunch of pansies and over actors I have ever laid my good eye on. Perhaps this was intentinal to make Heath's performance that much more convincing. The last major flaw was the casting of Aaron Eckhart as 2 face. Every time he got angry he reminded me of a sad little boy scout who never got is eagle scout. Of course there were excellent moments of theatrical special effects coupled with Heath's brilliant tirades that somehow at least cover up the downfalls momentarily. Synopsis: Enjoy Ledger, Ignore Bail and be glad eckhart's character dies.

This entry was posted on Monday, December 29, 2008 at 7:09 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

I take major issue with the casting of someone different for Rachel's character.
Not that I love Katie Holmes or anything, but I completely dispise the casting of a new actor for the same character in ANY sequel! It's annoying and stupid!!!!
Not to mention that Maggie Gylenhal isn't really that attractive. She's got a droopy face!

January 3, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Honey, "why so serious?" That movie was scary. I do agree with the annoying Batman voice, and with Rushele. I hate when they change the actors for a sequel. But I was so freaked out by Heath Ledgers character that I didn't even notice the so called bad actors that were his buddies. I also didn't notice the bad job two face did either. Whatev, its just a movie!!! Love you babe!

January 5, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Post a Comment