NIGHTMARE!!!!  

Posted by Adam and Nicole

This one is tough for me to even talk about. Last night I had a horrific nightmare. I had a dream that Nicole (my wife) came to me to profess her love for another man. In my dream this came as a terrible shock. Where did this come from, what did I do and how can I fix it. She proceeded to explain the things that she was doing but refused to help me understand why. I felt so frustrated, lost, confused and hurt. Why is she doing this. How did I not see the signs or recognize this was happening. She left me without any regard for my well being. Now let me break away from the dream for a bit. As all or most of you know this is not at all the way my beautiful wife would act. This dream was so real and it spanned throughout a series of days. I have never had a dream as real, vivid and detailed as this. Back to the dream. My mission at this point was to do what I can to win her back. I had no support, her family and friends were sticking by her decision as if I had committed some brutal marriage ending murder. I won't bore you with the rest of the disturbing events that took place from there. I felt lost and abandoned and in my life I have never experienced this before. It turned quickly to anger, self pity and reckless thoughts. When I finally woke from this twilight zone of a nightmare I turned to find comfort in my wife only to see an empty spot on the bed. I burst into tears still half asleep unable to separate reality from my dreams. I turned and Nicole came walking in the room. I immediately pounced from my bed to find the comfort of her embrace. I just squeezed her for a few minutes crying my freaking baby eyes out and didn't want to let go. I tried to muster the ability to explain what was going but couldn't find the words I just wanted to hold on to her forever. Even now thinking back on this horrible dream I can't hold back the tears. I find myself longing for her loving embrace and sweet reassuring words. I hope that you can begin to feel the impact this might have on all of you and that you may realize what you have. I love my tender Nicole with all my heart and hope that I can show her that everyday. I would have no reason to even be here if it weren't for her. She is by far better then my GOOD dreams could ever hope for. She is the perfect wife and mother and I often find myself falling short of deserving her. I pray that I can be the best husband and father and am able to give my family my all.

This entry was posted on Saturday, January 17, 2009 at 10:47 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Brian doesn't check the blogs very often. Maybe you should email him this one. ;)

January 18, 2009 at 12:55 PM

How sad!
Dreams like that, that are so seemingly real are very scary.
I'm very glad it isn't true though, and I'd agree that you (and Nicole) are very lucky to have one another!!

January 20, 2009 at 3:39 PM

Baby, I love you so much. Thank you for your sweet words, you don't know what they mean to me. You are the best husband I could have asked for. I love love love you!

January 21, 2009 at 8:27 AM

Wow--what a sucky dream. I hate when they feel so real. Thanks for your reminder to appreciate our sweethearts.

March 24, 2009 at 9:32 AM

Post a Comment